Sunday, October 14, 2012

Catching up - with pictures

I should be sleeping...I know I should be sleeping. But earlier today I caved and had a Pepsi...and not a caffeine free one, either. Hence, the awake mind despite the exhausted body.

So instead of tossing and turning, I thought, Hey...my blog! My long lost blog! It has been practically nine million years since I even logged on, so heck...why not tonight?

This past week has been an emotional roller coaster. My precious baby, Little Huck, turned one! Last year, he was born (feel free to read birth story), and now he's a sweet, toothy, little toddler who wanders around the house with his toothbrush.

How can a child go from this...

 
...to this?


...In one year?

The days are long but the years are short. And the first year was way too freaking short.

Here he is digging in on his actual day. He got pretty messy. :)

We had the kids' birthday party today! Even though Little Olive won't be three until next month, we combined everything while the weather was still nice, and boy did we get lucky with a gorgeous 75 degree day today! I stayed up late last night making their cakes, which turned out to be a lot of work and a lot of stress. No, Liv from Howdini.com, it's not that easy to simply apply a crumb coat. But thank you for making it look that way and entice me enough to try!

Little Olive's Purple Castle Cake. The look on her face this morning honestly made it worth every minute. Her jaw actually dropped. I know, it might not look amazing to a critical eye. But her eyes were anything but critical. Magical is more like it.


On another note, Little Huck's cake had an odd shape to it thanks to Little Olive grabbing a chunk of it off earlier in the day. With only one Gluten Free box to work with, I had to make the best of it. Surprisingly, nobody said anything about the missing top.




At the party, Little Olive shows Ruby Red the castle!




Little Olive posed for a good 10 seconds while cameras raised





My little family
(Yes, she is still posing) 





The best ever




My little man



The other day, temps were near freezing...we busted out the winter attire. So stinkin cute.


Staying warm with tea and Emtea
 
 
 
She was so proud of her picture





Visiting with good friends

No comments: