Friday, June 01, 2012

Why I'm not getting an iPhone this summer

I'm not going to lie - I'd love a smart phone. I have an iTouch (which is practically an iPhone without the phone) and really get a lot of use out of it. It's super convenient to check messages, e-mail, or any social media while I'm away from the computer. Although it has a pretty crappy camera, I can still take pictures with it. People who walk around with smart phones have every thing right at their fingertips. How cool would that be. It doesn't matter to me whether it's an Apple product or an android; both seem awesome. If you have an android phone, check out some free android apps at the website, Free New. There are plenty of awesome apps you can download for free. Pretty stellar.

The reason, however, why I'm not going to purchase an iPhone anytime soon is because the monthly data package is an unnecessary expense for us right now. I only pay $27 for my AT&T GoPhone every month, and it's great for what I need. Is it cumbersome to carry around my cell phone, a camera, and my iTouch sometimes? Yes, but we pay for convenience in our society. And I'm pretty frugal as it is.

We are blazing ahead with "gazelle-like intensity" at paying off Hubby's student loans. Any extra money spent on a cell phone could easily be put toward getting debt-free. So, as much as I'd love to be a cool hip mom snapping pictures and immediately posting them onto FB, I'm going to wait on that. Y'all will have to put up with my crappy iTouch pics till then.

Au revoir!

    

No comments: