Friday, April 27, 2012

Xi

I play the game WordFeud with an old friend every day. I always await my turn with nervous anticipation. He's been known to fire back a couple 64pt words, despite my username being "TheVictoriousOne". Two letter words are the way to go, I've learned. Qi, Ka, and even Aa have saved me. One game, I landed "xi" on a triple letter word, both vertically and horizontally. I was most proud. But until today, I never knew what "xi" meant. Turns out it's the 14th letter in the Greek alphabet. Cool. Ya learn something new every day. Happy X Day, all my A-Zers!

3 comments:

MOV said...

just found your blog-- fun! will be back to read more.......

best,
MOV

loverofwords said...

Your photos are priceless. Is that Amy Chu's daughter in the last photo? She wrote:"The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother."

Jenny said...

My two letter Scrabble words tend to be much more mundane. I'll have to remember Xi!