Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unwind

What do you do to unwind? Here's a list of some nice ideas that come to mind for me. I would follow this every night after the fam went to bed if I had a full 10 hours to do it all:
  • Take a warm bubble bath
  • Drink one (or two) of the following: a margarita, a glass of Moscato or White Zinfendel, or an Amaretto Sour
  • Play the piano
  • Sew
  • Read a good, captivating book
  • Go for a walk, then a run
  • Spend some time on Pinterest (I haven't forgotten about you, I swear!)
  • Work on my book (the one living in my head that wants to be down on paper)
  • Paint (why the h. not?)
  • Write in my journal
  • Leave a sweet note somewhere for the hubby
Today my "unwind" was sitting around the table with my mom and aunt. Pizza, wings, and flavored decaf coffee. Little Olive busied herself, and Grandpa held Baby Huck while we all talked. It was a great time. I even had a "lime-a-rita" mixed with some fruity juice. Twas delicious. (I swear I'm not an alcoholic. I'm not.)

3 comments:

Britney Gulbrandsen said...

What do I do to unwind?

1. Read
2. Browse the internet (reading blogs, facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Goodreads)
3. Write
4. Cuddle with the hubs

Love your list!

Arlee Bird said...

To unwind I like to read something light or watch a movie. A leisurely walk can be nice. Talking on the phone to a friend or family member. Play solitaire on the computer if I want to wind down enough to go to sleep.


Lee
Please help me reach 100 followers at:
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog
My Main blog is Tossing It Out

Faith E. Hough said...

Your list sounds great. :) I can't sew (yet--so I knit instead), and writing is part of what I have to unwind FROM these days--but besides that, I'd just paste your ideas. :)