Saturday, April 07, 2012

G is for Good-bye, acquaintances


I do so love my little FB account. But tonight I am cutting back on friends. I'll be starting with 335, and who knows what the final number will be. Family is safe. You're all stuck with me by blood or marriage whether you like it or not. :)

There are a few things I'd like to say to anyone who finds themselves removed and have come here looking for a darn good reason as to WHY I would dare to do such a thing:

1) This does not mean I hate you. I promise!
2) This does not mean we cannot still say "hello" (or even ::gasp:: talk!) if we see each other.
3) It is probably because we never talk or have not talked in years. Not even online.
4) It may be from a negative experience in the past.
5) I wanted to make my FB account more simple and close between my friends and family.
6) I'm not here to win a popularity contest or silently stalk people. That is just creepy.
7) If you would like to argue your case, I'd actually LOVE to hear it! I'm easily swayed. Seriously.

6 comments:

Rhia Roberts said...

Oh boy, I hear you. I need to do the same. And we need to know it's OK to do that :)
Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around # 802 in A to Z list today)

MB said...

Some kids are obsessed with having the most friends on Facebook. But I've always kept my number lower :) It's a nice spring-cleaning kind of thing!

Faith E. Hough said...

FB is...interesting. I've never joined, for many reasons, although I sometimes feel that I am missing out on communications with family or friends who do most of their "talking" through FB...

Natalie said...

I love keeping up with you and your little ones on FB... :) I will also be cutting back on my "friends" list, especially since quite a few of them are friends of Tim's whp "friended" us when we had the joint acct. But yes - all family is safe from the "delete" button. :)

Sarann said...

I do a FB cleaning about every 6 months or so. I also delete people who get too political, it drives me crazy no matter what their stance is. I was always taught you should not discuss politics, religion, or love in mixed company and I think that should be a social norm for FB too.

Maggie said...

@Sarann, I think that's a very interesting take on fb. Never thought of it before! Maybe I'll play more by those rules from now on.