Thursday, April 05, 2012

E is for Easter Dress


I finished Little Olive's Easter dress today! She helped me pick out the material a few days ago, and she's been impatiently waiting for me to sew it up. I've heard, "Mommy, tan I wear dat?" probably 36 times.

My vision of the dress wasn't exactly how it turned out in the end, but I'm quite pleased with it! Little Olive is too. She's wearing it around the house as we speak, so I was able to snag a couple quick photos.

I'm spending the rest of the day getting ready for the weekend. I still have to run a few errands to pick up food and stuff. For baskets this year, we're going to keep it simple: just candy. I'm not a huge fan of junk food, but at the same time, I'm not about to turn Easter into another Christmas and have the kids receive toys. Besides, candy is a nice way to say, We've fasted throughout Lent; now let's celebrate! Our baskets will probably hold a little chocolate bunny, some jelly beans, and maybe some other fruity-spring candy. Ooh, that just reminded me to pick up some Jelly Belly's. We love those.


4 comments:

Stephanie Marie said...

I really love the dress that you made. And you daughter is so adorable. I have a sewing machine, but with full time college, a 2 yr old, a 4 yr old and newly today a baby on the way...where do i have time to sew? LOL

MB said...

So CUTE!

hayles77 said...

Aw, she looks cheeky! Pretty dress- well done you! I've never been very good at making things like that. :)

Sarann said...

That dress is darling and your daughter is so cute!