Saturday, March 31, 2012

The A-Z Challenge starts tomorrow!

The good news: I turned 25 recently! It was a really fun birthday week. My husband surprised me with tickets to a Sabres game. We brought Little Huck and had a great time. I got together with family for a fun little party. My friends and I gathered at a restaurant to have some amazing cheesecake. So we had a delicious night out! I had been craving tiramisu cheesecake for months. Honestly, as I sit here thinking about it, it's probably one of the most delectable things I have ever eaten.

The bad news: the new blogger layout? What what? Everything is so...white. I'm blinded. Blinded, I tell you!

tossingitout.blogspot.com
The exciting news: The A-Z Challenge starts tomorrow! I'm #1525 on the list! Holy moly, that's a lot of blogs. My goal is to write every day, and to keep my posts short. I also want to visit 2 new blogs every day. Maybe I'll meet you along the way! :)

The sobering news: I almost closed my blog this past week. I'm still thinking about it. The "whys" are complex and real, but I'm not sure if closing my blog (and facebook) are the way to go. Maybe you'll find me writing about it this month. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

i.ikeda said...

Happy belated birthday! Cheesecake is the first thing I asked for after N. was born, since I couldn't have it before the birth (GD). Have fun with the challenge. :) I decided not to do this year because I know I can't keep up with a post a day right now.

And I completely understand wanting/thinking about closing some of your stuff online. I actually did close my facebook over a month ago. I can honestly say that I don't miss it one bit. I'm happy with the blog and twitter. Facebook is done for me. Good luck with your decision.

Cherstin Holtzman said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you don't decide to give up on the blog ... I love what you've got going! Maybe the whole A to Z Challenge will rejuvenate your zest for all things blog. :-)

I'm going to follow you and come back to check how you're doing. I hope you'll stop by my neck o' the net and say hello, too! Good luck!

Brittany TYD said...

I had switched to the new blogger some time ago, and I still don't like it. Definitely too much white.

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness, I had to comment here too, as I live with a Buffalo born and bred Sabres fan (oh yeah, the Bills too...oh please!) I have noticed anything new with the new blogger layout, but I need to change my background so things actually fit where they belong!