Saturday, January 14, 2012

Don't lease your cars if you want to be rich

Dave Ramsey should be paying me for this post, but alas, he is not. (I'd even take a Dunkin Donuts gift card.) I am smitten with his smarts and advice, which is why I would love to pass along some prominent information I've learned from him.

What I like about his method, is that anyone can do it. You don't have to know finances or be so far in debt that you need a lawyer. Before you get to that point, Mr. Ramsey makes it very easy. Not easy in the sense that you can sit back on your bunda and passively watch your problems disappear. But easy in the sense that if you are controlled and responsible, you will change your life.

He has really made an impact on my fam. My husband and I are speeding along with gazelle-like intensity to get ourselves out of debt. Do yourself a huge service and listen to what this man has to say. I have learned so much. He really emphasizes to be smart with your money - especially when it comes to automobiles. New cars lose their value so quickly, and if you're leasing one, you're literally throwing your money away. Taking out a huge loan to buy or lease a new car is essentially spending money you don't have for something you don't need. I understand we all need cars, but a brand new one? Not so likely. Another great way to save money is to refinance your home and have a lower interest rate.

So wherever you may live, whether it be east of the Mississippi (that word is so much fun to type), or south of New York, take a stand to take control of your finances.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Totally! :) He's the best!! :)