Friday, December 02, 2011

Exercises and BLTs

In an attempt to stay in great shape and remain in sound health, I realize that certain, little changes need to be made in my daily life. To prevent veins on my legs, also known as varicose veins, I have to keep the circulation flowing and not cross my legs all the time. In order to not gain excessive pounds this holiday season, or any time of year, I have to make choices throughout my day to eat right.

It's not one, gigantic change. Those rarely work. Instead, it's a way of life. My fitness instructor, Lindsay Brin, says the way to keep yourself on track is to say "no" to BLTs. That's no bites, no licks, and no tastes. All those little sneaks add up and you're never satisfied with just one. Getting a taste makes you want more. So instead of cutting out everything that you love, just say no during the day - until dessert time!

I'm starting week 3 of my 8 week program. Lindsay gets a little nuttier during this session. Jumping around and yelling "yha!" now and then. It made me feel a little embarrassed following her moves on the TV, but you know, only Little Olive was my witness, and I do believe there's a reason you don't remember much from your infant/toddler years.

Also, I'm excited because I decided not to save up for an Ergo baby carrier anymore. It would have taken me about three more months to earn enough SwagBucks to buy it on Amazon (which is the only way I would buy one, since it wouldn't cost me a penny that way). That would mean more time away from my kids, and more time on the computer. Plus, I would miss all these opportunities to hold Little Huck while I'm earning the SwagBucks. So I went with a Moby wrap. It came a few days later, and Huck and I finally got the hang of it. He's currently sleeping against my chest while I have both hands free to type! Plus, I still have Amazon gift cards left over from the purchase. Totally the way to go!

No comments: