Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanks and Tidying

Some of my facebook friends are doing a sweet activity this month, where every day they write what they're thankful for in their statuses. When I read them, it has really made me stop and think of all the blessings in my own life. Allow me to do a quick catch up.

Today, I am thankful for the warm sun on my back as I type away.

Today, I am thankful for the decent night of sleep, despite both babies being sick. (Six hours ain't shabby, even if it wasn't restful.)

Today, I am thankful that we always seem to have everything we need.

Today, I am thankful for the great weekend ahead.

(Tomorrow is Little Olive's birthday party, combined with Little Huck's baptism party. We're going to celebrate with family, both immediate and some extended. It should be a great time! In preparation for the new gifts, my goal today is to tidy up the play area in our living room and make room for everything. I've cleared away some of the battery-operated toys, but absolutely kept all the wooden toys out. I recently opened up the old box of baby toys from Little Olive's younger days and added them to the collection for Baby Huck. Even though he's still too small to play with anything, they're all his now! I hope he'll enjoy them soon! It was nice to see everything still in one piece. I have to admit, some of Little Olive's older toys have suffered the craziness and sharp teeth of our puppy, especially those beautiful wooden letters. I don't understand it - we don't bite Kila's toys. She should know better. Gosh.)

And finally, today I am so thankful for my sister's help every single day. Whether she's doing the dishes without being asked, or stepping in just when both kids start crying, or finishing the laundry for me, she's been such a huge help. It is so nice to talk every day when she comes home from work. I love hearing about the stories she's been handling all day, or about the latest development in her life. Sometimes it reminds me of the old days when we used to lay in our bunkbeds at night and talk about everything. (Once we quoted the entire movie Toy Story - all the way to Sid's house.)

Life is good, and when it's not, it will get better.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: