Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Second Pregnancy Survey

I did one of these surveys on facebook after Little Olive was born. But nobody really writes "notes" anymore, so I'm moving mine to the blog! Here's a Q and A about Huck's pregnancy! Also, I dislike that the questions are all in caps [YELLING, ANYONE?] but I have neither time or patience to retype them. So, we'll deal with it together. :)

WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes.

WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, for two years.

WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were so pumped!

WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never.

HOW OLD WERE YOU? I was 23.

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I counted down the days till I could take a test, and it was positive. :)

WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Ian (of course!) then my sister.

DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, I did! But we decided to wait till the birth. (I'm a nice wife like that.)

DUE DATE? October 3rd

DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, for the first trimester, but I never threw up! That was a nice change. I just felt nauseous.

WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Coffee, wine, beer. You know, all the things I couldn't really have.

WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Going to summer parties and being the only one not drinking. "No, I'm fine. I'm happy with my sprite," I'd say with a smile. Inside...glares.

DID YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WERE HAVING BEFORE AN ULTRASOUND? We had two ultrasounds...didn't look for either.

WHAT WAS THE CHILD'S SEX? Male!

DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No way. I couldn't decide what I wanted more...and I'm very happy with a little boy!

HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 33

DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Not for the second baby.

WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I did know we weren't having any surprise showers. :P

DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Just the usual aches and pains - nothing crazy.

WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? At home!

HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Labor was 8 hours for me.

WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Irrelevant. :P

WHO WAS AT THE BIRTH? Ian, Jen our midwife, my mom, my sister, and Little Olive.

WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Wait...does this question mean that "natural" means vaginal? Weird. Anyways, natural.

DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? No, I just did hypnobirthing.

HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 9lbs, 2 oz.

WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? 1:10pm

WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Huckleberry Finn (code name, of course)

HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Almost one month! (Oh my gosh...)

WHAT DID YOU THINK WHEN YOU FIRST SAW YOUR BABY? The absolute happiest joy imaginable!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME AROUND? Nothing. I had the most amazing birth experience ever.

WILL THERE BE A NEXT TIME AROUND? Most definitely - just not sure when.

WHAT WAS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT PREGNANCY? The heat of summer, tiredness, and keeping up with Little Olive's busy little self. Also -- waiting! Huck was born at 41.5 weeks...so that last month was a killer!                    

WHAT WAS THE EASIEST THING ABOUT PREGNANCY? Not having as much water retention this time around - so I still got to wear my rings throughout the whole nine months!

WHAT WAS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT CHILDBIRTH? The contractions near the end. Man, they're a killer.

WHAT WAS THE EASIEST THING ABOUT CHILDBIRTH? Pushing! Also being at home, feeling safe, and being with people I knew and felt comfortable with.

DO YOU LIKE BEING A PARENT? I love it. Having two kids is better than I expected! <3

1 comment:

MB said...

This is so cool to read, nice job. Made me smile :)