Sunday, October 02, 2011

Passing the Time

sharpbrains.com
I am a huge fan of Su Doku puzzles. It's something I've been doing a lot of recently while waiting for the Baby. A couple Christmas's ago, Ian gave me a two paperback books filled with really difficult puzzles, and tonight, I finished the very last one. Bittersweet, I tell you. What am I to do now? Why, use my brain, of course!

I downloaded an app on my iPod of su doku, but after one game, I just had to delete it. There was something off about having an electronic version as opposed to the real deal. I know some people feel this way about e-readers too or books read online. In one way they're great - lightweight, compact, functional, etc. But on the other hand, some people don't like giving up the look, smell, and feel of a real book. With su doku, I write a lot of notes in the squares and find singles, doubles, and triples that way. When I was using the iPod, all that went away - and instead the board blinked when I entered in the wrong number. Cheaters.

I'll be on the lookout for another book for sure. To pass the time, I'm working on my bridesmaid dress. Did I mention I'm in my amazing friend's wedding this month? She is the best. And the dress I'm wearing is beautiful. Let me find a picture.
billlevkoff.com

Isn't it seriously great? I'm working on some alterations at the moment so I can breastfeed comfortably in it. Depending on when the Baby arrives, he/she will be less than three weeks old and will be with me throughout the day. The Bride is honestly the most non-bridezilla girl I have ever known...she picked out this dress for me with that important factor in mind. How thoughtful is that?

Well, I'm off to bed. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

1 comment:

i.ikeda said...

I love that dress!! And you're an amazing person to be in your friend's wedding so quickly after your due date. :)

How are you holding up? I've been thinking of you and your soon to come baby.