Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh, Thursdays...

Oh you know, it has always been my favorite day of the week. What, do we take "tomorrow shall be poopy" pills every Wednesday night? My sweet little noisemaker was up a lot of the night. Grunting, mostly. Didn't even want to nurse. He was just perfectly content making little sounds as soon as the light shut off. I'd like to say I slept through a lot of it, but I still woke up feeling haggard and worn. I feel like I could nap for the rest of the day. He's just too beautiful; I can't even be mad at him.

Little Olive, however, might make that cut. She dumped out half a box of cereal on my not-so-clean kitchen floor. They can't really be saved, so she's currently in the process of picking them all up to put in the trash. Meanwhile, the baby has fallen fast asleep in my arms. And, he's so quiet. The irony!

Tomorrow my husband goes back to work after being off for two weeks. Two weeks? Has it been that long already? The days seemed to blend, as we alternated taking care of the babies and catching up on sleep. The weather has been cold, windy, and rainy - Ian had plans to clean the gutters, but that never happened. Not that I mind - I'd rather him be inside with us than out in the cold anyway.

So why such a dreary post? Well, maybe it was - up until now. I suppose this is the perfect day to put all those quotes and cliches into practice.

Count your blessings.

Today is a gift. That's why it's called the "present."

Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today.

So while I'd love to sit here and complain about being tired and feeling sorry for myself, I'm going back in the kitchen, making sure Little Olive has cleaned up all the cereal, and then we're just going to cuddle on the couch. No laundry, no dishes, no organizing for a few hours. Just some quality time. Then tonight, I'm going to enjoy some wine and cheese with my husband and be thankful for the last two weeks we had together.

...And then it'll be bedtime. Sleep! :)

2 comments:

Faith E. Hough said...

Ugh, I hate Thursdays, too. After trying to get through a night where I failed in my attempt to sleep while three children piled (and kicked) around me because the house was cold, I woke up to my four year old saying, "I just feel the grumpies inside of me and I feel like I want to be very bad! And cry a little." Sigh...I knew how she felt.
Good luck with your Thursday, and enjoy the cuddling!

Natalie said...

Aw.... I hate Thursdays, too. :( And Mondays. And we have the little grunter over here, too - whose favorite thing to do at night is drench me with milk. ;) I wake up every morning feeling like I never really fell asleep in the first place. Faith - ah, sweet honesty! So pitiful and yet hilarious at the same time. :)