Sunday, October 30, 2011

Should my husband start a blog?

Who doesn't love getting a good reward? Jessica over at Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby gave me the Liebster Blog Award! As she puts it, "The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome (wow, that's a lot of nice meanings!). To keep this award going and pass it along to other new deserving blogs, the recipient must now recognize five other bloggers with less than 200 followers that have really stood out in the crowd."

So here are my Five Picks:


1. Clean, Mean and Not Quite a Queen - Even though she hasn't updated in over 6 months, I thoroughly enjoy her sarcasm and hilarious posts. Hopefully this award will force her to write again! (We're all about passive aggressively forcing each other to do things through blog posts.)


2. Faith Elizabeth Hough - I came across many writers' blogs this past summer and fell asleep halfway through the first posts I saw. Not here though! Ladies and gentlemen, let me show you a spunky, smart, and sweet blog that captures my attention every time I visit. I feel like I can relate to everything she says!


3. To Create, To Live, To Appreciate - A wonderfully young perspective on life. She includes pictures and diverse topics which will surely please the eager eye. Her honest and powerful words might make you rethink certain things and look inside yourself. I consider that a gift. 


4. Positive Parenting - Wow, this blog makes me so excited about being a parent. It gives me new ideas and alternatives to raising, playing with, and disciplining my little toddler. Check it out and you might learn something new too!


5. Constructing the Communal Time Machine - Come on...you know you've always wanted to go back in time and fix something. Here's a group of curious scientists-ish who are figuring it out. I honestly have no idea what they're talking about half the time, but it's still interesting! 


So guys, pass the award on if you like, and spread the love! Now onto my second point of business today. 

My husband, Ian, wants to start a blog. Well, sort of. I'm trying to convince him. He's not against the idea, but he needs a little push to get started. So here's what you need to do: comment below and let him know you agree with me! Also, offer ideas for names and topics. He's a smart guy; I'd love to read what he writes and I know you will too!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yes! IAN!!!!!!!! Do it!!!

Totally agree about F.E.H's blog, too. :) I wish I had half her wit!

Faith E. Hough said...

Aw, thanks, Maggie!
And go for it, Ian! I'm curious to see what you come up with.

MB said...

Omg I didn't even realize I was on here! Wow thank you! I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised :) and speechless!