Thursday, October 06, 2011

I'll Tell You...

You know how after a baby is born, everyone waits their turn to hold and touch him. They snuggle that little bundle and coo over him, asking sweetly, "What did we ever do before you came?"

Would you like to know? Well, I'll tell you.

I've been cleaning. Organizing. Rearranging. Getting rid of things. Etc. Nesting. Never has my house been more neat and clean than it has the past month. From 36 weeks on, I have been on top of laundry and scrubbing my tub like nobody's business. Our dog has been shedding a lot, so I've been vacuuming like nobody's business.

I almost want to take pictures of my house right now. Because I know in just a couple days (at least, I'm hoping!), the Baby will be here, and the time and energy needed to keep the house sparkling will not. As I'm sitting here typing, I'm noticing the front windows look like they have one too many finger prints on them. Heaven help me - when did I start being bothered about smudgy windows? This child better make his/her appearance soon before I turn into Kate Plus 8 who washed her floors three times a day - at least.

I will not become insane. I will not become insane. I will not become insane.

Wish me luck! 40 weeks, 3 days today.




1 comment:

ashleyc said...

I became that way right before Jason was born! My mother said to me 2 days before he was born that it was way too early to be nesting because I was only 22 weeks, and had every room in our apartment at the time spotless. You could eat off the bathroom floor even, lol (not that you would want to, but you get my point, lol). So even at 22 weeks my mind and body told me to start nesting because it knew Jason was coming :) hopefully your little peanut will be here soon so you don't go insane!