Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting for Baby

In the past, I have come close to criticizing women for being impatient when they near the end of their pregnancies. Why would someone want to induce? Wait until the baby's ready. When the time is right, labor will start naturally. Enjoy your time waiting. Have unlimited amount of patience.

Well, let me tell you...I totally get it now.

For the most part, I'm content. But in other ways, I would be perfectly okay with having our baby - tonight. Physically, I feel tired, sluggish, a bit large, and oh yeah, tired. Sometimes I have that pregnancy waddle. And then emotionally, I have been a little impatient. Sometimes I just want to hold the new baby and be done with pregnancy! I want to know if we're having a boy or girl. I want to start breastfeeding and changing breastfed-poop diapers. I want to hold the Baby while he/she sleeps for hours and just stare at that beautiful face. I want to hold him/her in my sling and kiss that little face.

But then I remember...my life is never going to be like this again. I will probably never have as much time and attention to give Little Olive as I do now. We probably won't be able to just sit on the couch together and cuddle for a very long time when she wakes up. How I love our cuddles!

I will probably not be able to nap in a few weeks either. At least now, I can squeeze one in when L.O. lays down for the afternoon.

These are the last few days where I will have only one child to buckle in, and then take out of, the car. Shopping trips will be a little more challenging, with coordinating mealtimes, diapers, naps, and moods. The house will probably not be this clean for months. I may never see the bottom of the sink again. I enjoy keeping up on laundry but that may not be possible either. I have a lot of time now to sew some projects and read when I please.

I am not saying life will become horrible when the new baby is born. On the absolute contrary! But life will change. And instead of chugging red raspberry leaf tea and doing squats or jumping jacks, I've decided from this day on (38 weeks and 2 days), I am going to relax and be 100% content with waiting for the baby.

One way to help this is to plan something for the every day. So tomorrow, I'm heading to the grocery store to buy ingredients to make our own toothpaste. (Maybe a possible blog idea?) I also want to have a tea party with Little Olive.

Then it'll be the weekend. We're hoping to see some good friends and possible play matchmaker.

Sunday will be church and family time.

Monday will be week 39...and I'll have new plans for that week! Stay tuned. :)

1 comment:

MB said...

Aw I hope that having things planned out like that helps you, I could totally see how one would get impatient haha. Take it easy! ;)