Friday, September 30, 2011

Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy

If you've never visited a chiropractor before, I highly recommend it - for anyone. It's one of the most comfortable and most effective methods of preventative care we have. For my first pregnancy, I sought out a good chiropractor for some lower back pain treatment. The results were so impressive that I remembered the kind doctor for this pregnancy as well. I actually look forward to our appointments. I'll go have a pleasant yet thorough adjustment, and when I walk back to my car, I can hardly believe the absence of pain and that typical "pregnancy waddle" I went in with. I recommend our chiropractor to anyone when I have a chance. I even got my Handsome Stallion of a Husband going for routine maintenance.

Chiropractic care is invaluable to families. It has helped my baby niece with constipation issues. It can help with headaches, migraines, menstrual issues, bedwetting, sleep problems, chronic crying and fussiness in infants, and it keeps the spine (and therefore hips, legs, shoulders, etc) in line for young toddlers learning to walk. It is known to flip posterior and breach babies before they're born. It relieves neck, shoulder, and back pain, and it helps a pregnant woman carry her extra weight with a sturdy spine.

It's truly amazing how the nerves in our spine are connected to our entire body. I've attached the chart below to show how important it is to take care of our backs. You might find it hard to believe that an issue could be healed just by being adjusted, but I would give it a fair chance before dismissing the possibility. Make sure you find a good chiropractor who massages/works the muscles surrounding your spine before simply snapping and popping things into place. I've had some adjustments from other doctors that were only about two minutes long - and I didn't feel that great afterward. Our chiropractor will return to the area several times inbetween massages to gradually put everything back in place. There is never any pain!

There are wonderful chiropractors out there, so just ask around!

yourchiropracticwellness.com

13 comments:

Life After Piggie Smalls said...

This is so true. I went and got adjusted after giving birth because my tailbone hurt so bad. Literally after the first visit, I could sit down with virtually no pain, and after the 2nd visit, I was as good as new. I also got my baby adjusted because he was preferring one breast to the other and I never had a problem with that again. I plan on taking him again when he starts crawling.

My only regret is that I didn't see her while I was pregnant...I will definitely make sure I do next time!

MB said...

Chiropractors are great. I actually used to work for one at the receptionist at his office. I've used them throughout my life, and when you find the right one, it's so great! It's a very useful practice that people often forget about. Nice post!

Anonymous said...

Can you let us know which chiropractor you use?

Chiropractor Adelaide said...

chiropractic care boasts its very own share of specialized divisions as with all aspects of the medical profession.

Chiropractor Adelaide

Sharron Bonomo said...

I did that too, and I’m proud to say that I did not experience any problems while giving birth to my first born. Chiropractic care throughout pregnancy can ease the pregnant woman’s areas of discomfort and help maintain a stable pelvis. It is advisable to have chiropractic care, to alleviate the discomfort and pain that every mother experiences during pregnancy.

-Sharron Bonomo

Rhonda Munoz said...

That’s true, Sharron. As we go along the stages of pregnancy, there are physiological and endocrinal alterations that occur, which can result to a misaligned spine or joints. This is a natural thing during pregnancy, as the body makes a fitting environment for the developing baby. Getting chiropractic care can definitely help one have a healthier and safer pregnancy.

Edwina Andreas said...

Chiropractic care for pregnant women is guaranteed safe, which means there is really nothing to worry about. This treatment is for the benefit of mothers or future mothers to help them prevent troublesome backaches, especially during pregnancy. It can also help regulate morning sickness; it can help women have a smooth and healthy delivery, and it prevents them from having to go through a cesarean section which is painful and very excruciating.

Edwina Andreas

Jaye Fiecke said...

That’s true! Physical therapy like chiropractic care is very helpful, especially during pregnancy. It is basically the health maintenance of the spinal column and of the related nerves and tissues, without using surgery and drugs. Therefore, it promotes a natural and healthy pregnancy.

Gwen Knight said...

Ultimately, chiropractic care plays a significant role in maintaining the alignment of our spine. During pregnancy, it can help both the mother to have a comfortable and safe delivery. The therapy stimulates the nervous system that allows the reproductive organs to function properly.

Darlene Fanning said...

My son was under chiropractic care when he was younger because of spinal problems. It’s important that at a young age, doctors have already identified problems on your child’s spinal areas because their spines are a lot more flexible than those of adults. The treatment required is easier because it only needs a few adjustments to improve spinal alignment.

Tiffani Villagomez said...

Since a woman’s body posture is being altered when going through pregnancy, the nerves get compressed and traumatized. This eventually leads to nerves shooting up with pain. Postural alignment and adjustments can certainly help with the pain, which the chiropractors are very well adept at.

Tiffani Villagomez

pregnancy chiropractic said...

Chiropractic care can also benefit migraines because it emphasizes healthy eating and sleep in addition to just pills. I've found that I only get migraines now if I short myself on sleep and eat lots of junk food.

Jenny Charles said...

SUPARTZ is a solution that is composed of purified sodium hyaluronate and is utilized in this joint fluid procedure. It is made with a natural chemical present in the body of which high amounts are found particularly in joint tissues as well as in the synovial fluid that occupy the joints. perimeter spine and rehab reviews