Monday, August 15, 2011

My Color: Green

I get to write a post about anything green-related.

Green reminds me of many wonderful memories over in Ireland. When my husband, who then was my boyfriend, was studying in Galway for a semester, I went for a week to see him. It was a really amazing seven days with him! We spent one of those days touring the countryside, seeing several attractions including the Cliffs of Moher.  It was just beautiful. "Rolling hills of green" couldn't have described the view any better. All day long we marveled at the gorgeous land.

 
Green reminds me of a beautiful little town just walking distance from Ian's flat. It was called, "Claddagh" - just like the claddagh ring. Sure enough, beautiful little shops were busting with celtic jewelry, enough to meet your every need. Apparently, there was one little ring that Ian almost bought me as an engagement ring. But I was content at home, proudly wearing a ring he had given me months before...

 Isn't she just lovely? 


Since then, my wedding and engagement rings have taken precedence over this one, but it is still so dear to my heart. I hope to keep it forever...maybe passing it down to Little Olive if she behaves herself.  Today I would have said no way...but that's a story for another time. :)

3 comments:

i.ikeda said...

This is such a sweet post... I remember seeing your pictures with Ian over in Ireland and marveling at the sites. Imagine seeing it in person! One day....

And that ring is too cute! Your little ones would love to get something with so much meaning behind it. But how do you decide which child to give them to? I've always wondered about that.

And I can' believe little Olive would do anything that would warrant losing the right to the ring, hahahaha.

Alison said...

I've been to Ireland and it is so enchanting. I hope to go back some day.

Susan Kane said...

Just thinking about the Cliffs of Moher takes my breath away.