Sunday, July 17, 2011

Midnight


Midnight reminds me of many years ago...when my Dad woke us up around 4am to see the auroras in the sky. They were beautiful and eerie at the same time. (Not like this picture, but still so fascinating just the same.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Polarlicht_2.jpg
The word midnight reminds me of an e-mail address I had years ago that was "midnightevenstar" - combining my obsession with Lord of the Rings and my love of the night sky. 
 
Midnight reminds me of starlit dates with my husband when we were young enough to stay out all night. We'd sit out in my family's backyard and look for shooting stars. 

Midnight reminds me of summer evenings sitting around the bonfire with my family, watching the coals in the fire pit glow with heat.


Midnight reminds me of Little Olive's newborn days, when her schedule was the exact opposite of ours, and we would often stay awake together until the wee hours of the morning until she was sleepy.


Midnight reminds me of peaceful moments and warm memories. 
Maybe that's why it's one of my favorite words...

20 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Lovely word and great post!

Word Nerd said...

Nice memories! I like midnight, too...a whole lot more than noon! :O)

Joyce Lansky said...

Sweet post.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2011/07/gbe2-midnight.html

Mike said...

Nice imagery!

Jo said...

I love when a word just strikes memories such as these. I liked the imagery and the peace it presents. C:

Angela Parson Myers said...

Beautiful post.

Jenni said...

beautiful sweet post. I loved your take on it ! great job

Brenda Stevens said...

Wow great write and visual!!

Jenn said...

I love the midnight hour...I love the night sky. I could sit and stare at the heavens for hours. Great post! Cheers, Jenn.

Jennifer Wilck said...

Great memories!

Kathy29156 said...

Such lovely memories, especially the ones around the fire looking at the stars!

Kathy
http://thetruckerswife.com

beachlover said...

This post just made me feel so good. Thanks!

Laura Rogers said...

You paint a lovely picture. Great memories and well written.

Paula Martin said...

Great post about wonderful memories.

Cherie said...

When I was a teenager I worked overnights every other weekend, and particularly loved the darkest hours when people were sleeping and I felt I was the only one in the world awake then. These are some good memories, thanks for sharing them with us!

Autumn Saylor said...

I love the picture and I'm very jealous that you've been able to see the auroras. Very pretty post!

mary said...

Great post and very sweet. I love how you tied it all together. Great job!

Darlene ~Bloggity Blogger~ said...

I'm a night owl, so midnight is near and dear to my heart too.

Eccentricity said...

Yep. You learn fast with newborns to sleep when they do, whenever that may be. ;-)

Mojo Writin' said...

Lovely way to look at the word. Midnight is certainly evocative and you captured that perfectly :)