Friday, July 29, 2011

Another shameless plug

Today is a glorious day for our family: I made the last payment on my student loans! It was supposed to take 10 years to pay them off, but circumstances being as they were would not allow that. Instead, I had made it my goal for the past year (or so) to pay mine off ahead of time. This summer I took the task on full-steam. Between yard sales, craigslist, ebay, and etsy, I was able to chip off little amounts at a time. It made a BIG difference. This new goal gave me such motivation! And because I paid off the loans only 2.5 years into repayment, I saved us literally thousands in interest. I couldn't be happier.

So...does this mean I can become a little more relaxed? No way, Jose. I'm making it my personal mission to tackle Ian's school loans. Sure, we'll still have the monthly payments, but every thing I earn on the side will help with extra payments. Granted, his amount is easily 5 times more than mine, so this is going to take longer than a year, for sure. BUT we can do it!

To help the process, I decided to become more proactive about my Etsy shop.



Today I hired my beautiful sisters to help with modeling some dresses I'm selling. By all means, have a look at the dresses; but more so - aren't the girls gorgeous?

I've been thinking of other ways I can expand my shop. Perhaps sewing baby clothes or dabbling into plus size fashion? I've never done it, but I could always start. I just have to pay more attention to these styles!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on paying off your loans! I have yet to even start paying on mine, I held them off for a year and am dreading when I have to start the payments. I'm inspired by your post!

Natalie said...

Nursing formal wear. :)

Natalie said...

And yes - congrats on paying off those loans so early! It is TOTALLY worth saving all the $1000's on interest!!!! :) Good work... hope the Etsy shop is very successful! :)