Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Lost and found: a sewing blog

Today will be a short post because time is of the essence! My husband and I have been busy around the house. Call it clearing out, spring cleaning, nesting, or just plain old fed up with the clutter, we are on a roll. I have so much energy to do all these little and big projects; might as well take advantage of it before the extreme heat of summer and the third trimester settles in.

In the midst of it all, I'd like to announce the launching of my sewing blog, Sew Cute Sew Easy. I'm still in the process of figuring out a design and logo, but I have a couple posts up there to view!

I've been sewing off and on since I was nine years old. I've sewn simple things from napkins and pillowcases to big projects such as my wedding dress. Every now and then, my sewing gets lost in the business of life. My sewing machine might sit for months without being used. But recently, I've found time to sew again. I MAKE time to sew again. My passion for designing and assembling pieces of clothing might have been lost, but it has now been found!

I'm hoping that by keeping a blog, I will be encouraged and motivated to finish many ideas that I've begun in the past. Feel free to stop by and see what's new! :)

11 comments:

Marian said...

How wonderful!

I have a sister in law who is an amazing seamstress! It's a great skill!

Joyce Lansky said...

Good luck with your sewing. I'm glad you found it.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

i.ikeda said...

Hooray! That's awesome news! I'm so excited to see what you'll be sharing. And have fun spring cleaning, it's one of my favorite things to do.

Kathy29156 said...

Your house cleaning sounds like what my husband and I call the shakedown!! Congratulations on your up and coming sewing blog. As long as you have done it, I can imagine your true passion will be revealed among its web pages.

Kathy
http://www.thetruckerswife.com/

catchats said...

That's great that you've found your passion for sewing again and have a blog to keep it going. Good luck! I admire those who are good at that kind of thing as I can't sew at all and don't enjoy it one bit. It's like math class was for me and that wasn't fun either. Good luck!

Brenda Stevens said...

Sew..wow..just went to the cleaners to hire someone to SEW..don't even own a needle and thread. In the past did make a pillow and won first prize in a 4H club, motivated then and made a dress. I was so PROUD after that dress (10 years old) couldn't believe i actually DID that. Of course it was with the help of others and well once that season was over just memories were left. Thank you for bringing back that memory! : )

HAVE FUN starting up your group..sounds like FUN

Mojo Writin' said...

I'm a cross-stitcher, but haven't had time lately. Good luck with your sewing site :)

Word Nerd said...

My mom was a wonderful seamstress and we always had beautiful clothes and really amazing Halloween costumes. I wish now that I'd paid attention when she tried to teach me--I'm fine with a needle and thread, but can't do much beyond hemming pants on a machine.

Jenn said...

I'll have to check out your sewing blog...but I'll be quite honest, I've never known how to sew well...just by hand. No one ever showed me the sewing machine. I guess they figured I'd be safer not messing with that machine...as I certainly couldn't handle the outdoor machines well, (lawn mower, tractor, etc.)

Nice post...cheers!! Jenn.

i.ikeda said...

To answer your question on my blog, I've got at least one project lined up for the new stash: a really cool shoulder bag for the dark patterned fabric. I'll share it on the blog soon.

Theresa Wiza said...

I cannot sew at all. My home ec teacher might be partially to blame, and if you read the blog I'm posting below, you'll know why. Congratulations on your new blog!

My Lost and Found GBE 2 blog is here: http://helpforsingleparents.blogspot.com/2011/06/lost-and-found-teachers-who-kill-their.html