Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day Poem from my husband

On my first Mother's Day, when I was pregnant with Little Olive, my husband surprised me with this beautiful poem. It still makes me cry when I read it. I hope you enjoy it too.


~*~

Give this to my mommy

Hey der mommy, it's me from below!
Jus wanted to write you a litle hello
I've been in you now for almost 10 weeks
An wouldn't yeh knows it I started to speaks!

Now der's jus a few things I wanted to say
To my Mudder on this her firs Mudder's Day
Fer starts that I loves you though we haven't met
An that I'm excited that that days been set

An thanks for all those pills you took
An for writing bouts me in yer bedtime book
An fer gettin up at nights to pee
An fer all the times you worrys bout me

I sorrys that I make you sick
An makes you choosey the foods you pick
But I really like the stuffs you eat
It makes me strong and grows my feet

I love how you are always near
I think abouts you a lot in here
An I love how you carrys me around
An I bet yer as pretty as you sound

When I gets out of this crazy place
I finally gets to see yer face
An we'll take walks and eat an play
An laugh and sing an sleep all day

So until then I says to you
Thanks for all these things you do
An thanks fer lettin me live in yer tummy
An most of all for be my mommy!


© My Child is Very Advanced 2011

8 comments:

Berny said...

Wow...this is beautiful. :')

LuAnn said...

Awwww..I remember how beautiful this was the first time I read it, and it's even more beautiful now! Love that hubby of yers!

i.ikeda said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you have the sweetest hubby! You guys are seriously the cutest couple I know. :)

Hope you had the most wonderful Mother's Day.

Brianna said...

So cute! What a creative and sweet hubby you have!

Rebekah said...

That's CRAZY sweet! Love it.

Natalie said...

I remember that! It was too cute!!!!!

Sheila said...

This is incredibly adorable! I love it!

Anonymous said...

It is good to know that men still appreciate their wives during mothers day.If you value your wife as the mother of your children you should borrow a leaf from here. good work!Mothers day poems to her.