Wednesday, May 25, 2011

MomTrusted.com

Exceptional Parents are amazing. That's why we're even called exceptional. (Obviously.) We love being with our kids at every moment and have changed our whole world to make their lives as perfect as possible. When people insist we "need a break" and try to kick us out of the house, we feel like popping them in the face. How dare they suggest such a thing. The nerve.


...Until that day of perpetual crying, the crumb-filled rug that keeps leaving presents on the bottom of your bare feet, and the pile of dirty dishes that has no hope of being cleaned before next December. Suddenly, getting a break doesn't sound so bad.


Some of us are lucky to have family and friends eagerly awaiting this moment. They have been camped out on our front step for the past six months, biding their time until we give in. For others, however, the spot for a babysitter is not so easily filled. 


What to do...


While you can stay at home and sniffle about it, updating your facebook status about your woes, there is an alternative option. I just came across this website, MomTrusted.com. I have to admit, I was pretty impressed. 


After signing up for a free account (which was easier than remembering my birthday), I was led to a homepage where immediately other moms were suggested to me. Moms who were really close to me. I thought that would come in handy if I ever needed advice or a question about something local - or just wanted to chat. The website gives moms (and dads) the opportunity to talk to and follow other people, as well as ask questions - both publicly for anyone to answer, and then privately to individual users. 


Their main goal is to help parents connect with babysitters, nannies, in-home providers, child care centers, or preschools. I simply typed in my zip code and a list of such places and people came up on a map of my city. Contact information was all there on one page. Simple and free.


You know me and blogs - this website also has a blog. Check it out if you'd like.


How do I feel about this newly-found website? Firstly, it's great. It brings parents together at one place for the same reason: childcare. We all want the absolute best for our kids, and this website makes that possible. In my area, it provided a list of good centers - and trust me, I've had my share of experiences with quite a few! However, in regards to babysitters and nannies, you have to be careful about meeting strangers. Use caution and trust your gut when looking for a trusted babysitter. It looks like the website is continuing to grow and acquire more users. It's very possible you might find exactly who you need right here. If you sign up, let me know so I can "Say hi!" 

No comments: