Sunday, May 01, 2011

May is for Mothers

Ever since the A-Z Challenge came to a close, I'm on a roll for themes. I decided to dedicate the month of May to Mothers, Motherly Things, and Motherhood. I won't be posting every day. As a mother myself, I have responsibilities. I usually blog during Little Olive's naps or when she's asleep for the night. I broke that "usual" a few times in April when the every day blogging came into play. But I'm going to relax this month.

In honor of Pope John Paul II's Beatification today (!!!), I bring you this quote to start off the month:

Motherhood always establishes a unique and unrepeatable
relationship between two people: between mother and child, and between child and mother.
Even when the same woman is the mother of many children, 
her personal relationship with each one of them is of the very essence of motherhood.
For each child is generated in a unique and unrepeatable way.
And this is true both for the mother and for the child.

-Blessed Pope John Paul II, Redemptoris Mater




I cannot tell you how much I love the
Willow Tree figurines. I have a few and
just found this one online. Too precious
for words...so I'll stop typing. :)

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mothers are awesome!
The Challenge tends to propel people forward with ideas for their blog, so glad you're still on a roll.
And do you have a Google Friends Connect widget so I can follow back? Or is it just not appearing for some reason...?

Maggie said...

Hey Alex! Yeah, the "Follow" box is right under my Blog Archive near the top right. Thanks for following. :)

LuAnn said...

Thanks for the quote from Blessed John Paul Ii. Love it! And you!

i.ikeda said...

That's a beautiful quote. I may send it to my mom. :)

You know what's funny? When N. is around I blog during her naps or at night too. When she's in daycare.... I blog at night too, ahahahaha. The days are for studying and working on research, with a break here and there to catch up on comments and reading other blogs (like yours). But how I miss my little girl...

Ok, ok, we have to get together for a playdate! It's getting nicer, finals are almost over, and both kids would probably enjoy the playdate more now. Whaddayasay? How are your Tuesdays? May 10th?

Cindy said...

I love those willow figurines too... so precious.