Friday, January 07, 2011

Realizations

I always hear stories about realizations people have - epiphanies that change their lives. It sounds so amazing...suddenly knowing exactly what would make everything better, easier. That "aha" moment. Now I understand. It would be great if I had a realization about every little inconvenience, life mystery, or psychological puzzle. There would never be a misunderstanding again! Today while nursing my little toddler, I was thinking about this and feeling sorry for myself that I wasn't clever enough to realize more. Then a thought occurred to me.

Life isn't always going to be easy. Every thing we need won't be dropped into our laps. Life is a constant change. People are constantly changing too. If we were all meant to be perfect, we would have been canonized saints before we were born. But saints and other amazing people have come before us, and by their examples, their trials, challenges, and victories, we can learn and strive to be better. Maybe life is about remembering all the wonderful, insightful words of wisdom we come across and continually applying them to our lives. We don't necessarily need everything to be easy. Sometimes we need to try new things by ourselves, and see what works.

Okay, so maybe I had a realization after all.

:)

No comments: