Friday, December 10, 2010

So here's the deal...

I have an announcement. When I started blogging back in July, I was bursting with ideas and topics. I had (and still have) strong opinions about certain issues. But I started to slow down after a couple months with the whole blog thing. Not because I burned out...I actually have 14 posts that I started to write; they're just sitting in my blog waiting to be published. So why didn't I ever click "publish"? Because some of my posts are pretty personal, and I don't always feel comfortable with everyone reading them. But I miss writing. I kept a journal throughout my teenage years and just because I'm in my 20s doesn't mean I have to stop.

So, I'm going to change something... (and yep, it might be the name of my blog - again! Stay tuned.)
Inspired by a few friends/family who keep wonderful blogs - specifically the tumblr crew - I'm going to

1) Try to write more often
2) Write about things other than babies, parenting, breastfeeding, etc. (But no promises...those things are kind of a big deal to me right now)
3) Try to find the positive in whatever I'm writing about


 There is just so much negativity already in the world. We don't need another blog concentrated about it!

So with this note, I shall leave you, my friends.

This is a quote I have on my facebook right now. I think it's awesome...and true. We can do nothing without Him, and with Him, all things are possible.
(Wish I could take credit for that...but no, tis from the Bible.)

:)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the quote, Maggie! I needed to read that today!

I'm trying to write more in my blog, too... I have several posts started, but always get interrupted when I'm "on a roll" - and then by the time I get a chance to get back to them, my train of thought is somewhere else completely. It's very frustrating, though. I have so many ideas that I would love to discuss with other parents, families, etc... but usually by the time I actually post something, all I have time to do is post some pictures of the kids and leave it at that. And that hasn't even happened in 3 months! :P

Anyway, when you DO get a chance to post, it's always so refreshing to read... so hey, quality over quantity... ;) I love reading your posts, and hope you get a chance to bring up another topic soon!

Maggie said...

That's really sweet of you, Nat! Haha...I appreciate it! :)