Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

I just finished a beautiful batch of Peppermint Meltaway Cookies. *My sister-in-law's blog. View, comment and follow!*

The only thing I did differently with this recipe was roll the balls of cookie dough in my hands with additional loose flour. This seemed to help keep them from flattening in the oven. I have no idea if it really did, but my second batch came out much better than the first when doing so. :)

We're heading out to go to Christmas Vigil, so I only have time to post a yummy picture.



Definitely a favorite the season. :) Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thanks for posting, Maggie! These are so yummy, aren't they?? Your picture is beautiful. :) :) :)
I actually had to use a bit extra flour in the dough this year, too... apparently this is one recipe that is pretty sensitive to humidity changes, and flour absorbs humidity pretty easily. Last year, I used exactly the amount of flour called for in the recipe... this year, I ended up using 1/4 cup more because the dough seemed too sticky. Go figure! ;) I will make a note of that in the blog. :)