Thursday, January 06, 2011

Homeopathy For Beginners


My little munchkin has a cold. Poor thing. Occasionally she'll catch one of those bugs going around. It's a scary thing when your baby is sick - you want to do everything in your power to make them feel better. Thankfully, with the wonderful medicine of homeopathy, we are able to do just that! I wanted to share some great resources for how I treat my family when sickness comes to town.

First is this wonderful book. The beginning chapters explain what homeopathy is, and then the book goes into different ailments people can take care of at home on their own with different remedies. They explain everything and make it easy to understand while being extremely informative. They explain the safety, the effectiveness, the history, and the development of homeopathic remedies. I use this book all the time. I write notes in the margins and bookmark essential pages. For anyone curious on this addicting alternative to conventional medicines, I strongly encourage them to start with this book. (And can you beat the price?)

Though it's better to receive help from a real person rather than a website, www.abchomeopathy.com has been a good guide when I need more information on a specific remedy.

The next resource is Joette Calabrese. I learn so much from her newsletter, blog posts, and various articles she shares with her followers. She has been a great aid to myself and my family for many years. My mom took classes from her several years ago, and now my mom is very knowledgeable of homeopathy as well. She's my first go-to for any questions. I wish everyone was as lucky to have her just a phone call away.

I plan on getting other homeopathic books as the budget allows, so I'll be sure to tell you which ones as I do. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Homeopathy for Children and Infants is another good resource... very basic, but sometimes it's just the thing you need for determining which remedy to give your little one - especially babies who can't talk to tell you where/what/how it hurts. :)

Maggie said...

Thanks, Natalie...I should really get that book. Half.com, here I come!